Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Stripes and an eShakti Review



According to most of the fashion magazines I read, stripes are in for spring.  And wouldn’t you know it, I wore stripes today:



When the lovely people at eShakti contacted me and asked me if I’d like to try a piece from their Pre-Spring/Resort Line, I jumped at the chance.  There were several pieces I loved (you can see them in this post) but I ultimately decided on this cream and blue striped knit dress: 


It’s my first knit piece from eShakti, and it’s pretty great.  It’s as soft and as cozy as pajamas, which is fabulous, but the lovely green belt, which came with the dress, also adds some structure.  I added a bit more structure, and some warmth (this dress is sleeveless) with a black blazer (Gap), charcoal herringbone tights (Hue) and ankle boots (Nine West “Darsy”). 

Really my only nit to pick, and it’s a small one, is that this is a LOT of dress.  The skirt is pleated, and therefore pretty full, and because the fabric is a nice, heavy knit, it can be a lot.  If I had it to do again, I’d probably order it a bit shorter to balance the weight of it.  This particular dress is currently out of stock, but if they re-stock and you do order it, I suggest ordering an above-the-knee length.

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

Gracey

Shop the Look:
Similar striped eShakti dresses: this one is the same fabric, different cut and this one is the same dress in red/white stripes
Similar black Gap blazer
Nine West “Darsy” boots
Emerald green belt

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

12 comments:

  1. "it can be a lot."
    I feel like that's something I'm always keeping a watchful eye on at eShakti, and maybe my only complaint. It can just be a whole lotta going on.

    That being said, I think you look darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh the green belt came with the dress? How fashion forward! I love the combo and wouldn't have been surprised had that been your doing. Also, the blazer/dress combo is perfect for warmth/structure, and i dig the pin/brooch action on your lapel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so fab, the stripes, colors and the way you've worked it. I do like eShakti too - their designs are cool, and have personality : >

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute in a billion different ways. The belt is a great colour with the dress, and I really like the blazer! Sasses it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh I love this so much! I hope it comes back in stock soon so we can be dress twins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love! I love that shade of denim blue. I know what you mean about 'a lot' of skirt. My beloved All saints skirt had an under layer I had to cut out. It was gloriously fluffy, but too damn much skirt to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad stripes are in, because I have a lot of them! This dress is so cool because the stripes on the top are like chevrons, which are also pretty popular now. It looks great on you - nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is awesome Gracie! Love the pop of colour with your belt. Have a Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute!! I love the chevron bit mixed with the straight stripes, super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this whole super-professional but cheerful look. I hear ya on shortening the length. It is also important to show off one's lovely gams :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, now this is an awesome stripe dress! I love how it's so non-typical with the striped pattern, the stripes across the top almost look like a chevron and then the stripes going straight down rather than horizontal is so visually interesting and different! (I really like the sort of slate-blue color to them.)

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).