Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Will You Go To Prom With Me?

As you all know, because I won't shut up about it, I am going to 80s Prom at McMennamin's Kennedy School again this year.

Here is our group photo from last year:


Yes, we're very pretty.  I promise to share more photos from this year, but I want to see your photos from your proms too.  And I want to post them on my blog.

So, if you want (and I hope you do), please email me your original prom photos, your recent 80s prom photos if you've attended one, or you in your old prom dress if you still have it and can still fit in it (keeping in mind that no one likes a showoff).  Email your photos to fashionforgiants @ gmail (dot) com and give me a little background.  Your name (if you want), your date's name, the year, who you're wearing, etc.  And, if you're a blogger, provide your link so I can link back to you.

Prom is on the 11th (next Friday), so if you can all get your photos to me by the 10th, I'll post yours and mine on the 12th.  When I wake up from partying all night.

Let me know if you have any questions!  And I hope you'll say yes!

Gracey

11 comments:

  1. I went to 4 proms. Yes, it was excessive. Mostly I remember very large hair and sleeves and very tiny dresses. There was a lot of ruching involved. And shiny fabrics. wow...prom was ridiculous. Much more fun as an adult.

    www.stylinggame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, how fun! I'll have to dig out the old photos and send them in! Mine aren't too exciting--I had pretty boring dresses and looked pretty much the same as I do now except more eyebrows. It's going to be fun to see everyone else's photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the photos. I didn't go to prom, so don't have anything to show for it - I just get to deal with prom kids for three months at my job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I'll have to call my mom so she can find the pics and mail them to me. So, I may or may not be able to participate. I remember my velvety green dress had perma-butt imprints from just an hour or so at dinner - before we even got to the prom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! I wish you happiness and pretty outfits.

    When I was young, proms were considered very uncool (the Seventies) so I never went. Plus, I couldn't have gone as I wished, so it wasn't much of a loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gracey! Got your sweet and generous comment about wearing an 80s prom gown. Thank you.

      I bought one last month that I was eager to wear -- really garish electric green with big poufy shoulders -- but, sadly, it's too small. I mean, really too small. Even if I cut holes in it (which I did), I still can't get it on my body. I suspect you're able to sympathize with this particular problem.

      There's still time before the 10th -- I'm going to look for one! You're so nice to invite me to participate. Hugs!

      Delete
  6. Yes! I am dumb and don't have a fancy group shot of either year I went (P.S. Ohmygod you guys are awesome), but I think I doooooo have some hilariously awkward pictures of me and my date from senior year. To the time machine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this - just emailed you. If I can manage a better quality scan I'll send that one to you instead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you made me laugh. If I submit my awful 1980 prom photo, I'd have to take out a contract on your life...lol. Are you sure we can't wear the dress we SHOULD'VE worn to our 80s prom? :D I'd love to go to an 80s prom, but no opportunties to date!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope I can find mine this weekend--it was a lovely lavendar, homemade dotted swiss confection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay can I just say that is the freaking coolest thing?!?!?! Who organizes this? I never went to prom since I homeschooled in high school but I love getting dressed up and this would be SO MUCH FUN. Can't wait to hear more!

    Sarah
    Cable Car Couture

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).