Monday, April 30, 2012

Simple, Yet Effective


If I were to describe my style, I wouldn’t use the phrase “simple, yet effective.”  No, I enjoy my bells and whistles (and tassels and prints) way too much for that.  I would, however, use “simple, yet effective” to describe this outfit:



You know what wasn't simple (or particularly effective)?  Getting these pictures taken.  My sister took them and first I got photo-bombed by our porch cat, Elizabeth Swan:


And then my sister took pictures of me explaining things:

No one knows what I was explaining.  Something tiny, clearly.

So, yes, the outfit is simple, but I don't think it's boring.  Sure, it’s just jeans and a blouse, but these jeans are awesome (Banana Republic) and the blouse (Gap) incorporates color, print and a wee little almost-peplum.  I added a rust-orange beaded necklace, because orange and purple totally make sense, wedge booties (Nine West via Piperlime) and a vintage bracelet.

Truthfully, I don’t know how I’d describe my style.  Probably something like “Color, Color, Color, Print, Print, Print.”  Yeah, that sounds about right.

What about you, Reader Friends?  How would you describe your style?

Happy Monday, All!

Gracey

P.S. A porch cat is a cat that moves onto your porch and has kittens.

16 comments:

  1. gracey, i really like that purple flower blouse! purple & red are one of my fave color combinations. the first word that came to mind, when i thought of describing my style, was schizophrenic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! My favorite photo is the explaining of small things.
    The first thing that leapt to mind about my style was, "Bold, with a hint of sophistication and lacking in pretension" which is what Meg Ryan says about her wine and herself in that very average but cute movie, French Kiss.
    Happy Monday!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orange and purple do make sense! Great outfit!
    I feel like my style is a bit girlie, a little safe and almost always belted. I'm working on this and I think spring should help me out a bit, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm, I don't know that I have a defined style--but COLOR is the first word that comes to mind when I think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple, but very cute. I love the rust/coral colored necklace with the purple blouse.
    And your hair is so pretty... I wish I had that kind of volume/curl!

    <3 Hudson East
    HudsonEast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfit - definitely not boring!! The top is adorable and so flattering on you! What a great color! Plus, those jeans are fantastic. Which BR ones are they? I need a new pair of flares and love love love BR jeans. I worked there for a long time as a merchandiser and am forever a Banana devotee. Have a wonderful week!

    xo,
    Lindsay
    Lindsay Living

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you describe this... and totally true! :) Love the purple with a pop of color in the necklace, and those jeans are so chic! Looking great! :)

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    www.rachelslookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eclectic! (Did I spell that right?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your blog and your style (I think I found you via Already Pretty). I'm a tall girl myself and like to see how other people dress for their body. Plus you have CATS in your pics...always a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AW hello kitty! love your top!

    xo,
    steffy
    http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your porch cat is quite adorable and so is your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Orange and purple are fabulous together! Also, Elizabeth Swan looks very similar to my Ciela. I don't know how I would describe my style...I like bright color, and I have lots of skirts and cardigans...

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had a porch cat for a while at our old place! At least, we did until our roommate scared her off by making her feel that her kittens were at risk. (Stupid roommate.)

    You should explain more things. Gracey Explains It All.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gracey, your style is AWESOME. I want that top. and that lovely necklace!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  15. gracey, i love the top and it looks great with the red! i was inspired by you the other day to pattern mix, BTW! i love photo bombers, and isn't it fun to have sister's take pics? except mine always laughs at me which is not nice. haha.

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love your writing style. Your blog make me smile. And that purple top is cute!!!

    http://thebluehourfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).