Thursday, April 5, 2012

Disheveled Dots


I haven’t slept well the past couple of nights and that has, apparently, culminated in my not noticing how amazingly wrinkled this dress was before I got in front of the camera.  Basically, I’m going to have to ask that you overlook the dishevelment of this outfit in favor of the dots:




So, please to repeat after me: “Dots!  So cute.  And that rounded collar.  So retro.  Wrinkles?  What wrinkles?  All I see are those clever lines of gradient dots.  And what is that color?  Lavender putty?  Who knew putty was so pretty.”

Thank you for your participation.

The dress is vintage JC Penney (hence the retro collar) that I thrifted it a couple of weekends ago and hemmed to above the knee.  I paired it with ribbed, cranberry tights (Hue), a thin belt (Gap) and my riding boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom).  I think the addition of the boots plays to the 70s feel of the dress but that shortening the dress keeps it from being too costume-y. 

I really do love this dress, so it sort of makes me sad that I didn’t do right by it for its first time on the blog.  But, I’m still linking it up, in all it’s wrinkled glory, to Thursday’s are for Thrifters.  Because I have no shame.

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

Gracey

13 comments:

  1. You did a great job thrifting this one. I would love to see it with some kind of neon belt, maybe in your favorite color family, orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dots! So cute ... :)
    And I think lavender putty is going to be the next big color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the dots are lovely and so is the lavender putty....I see no wrinkles,just a cute vintage dress with rounded collar. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There must be something going on. I have not been able to sleep at all for the past few days. Seriously, I think I've gotten about 6 hours of sleep in the past few days. I feel your pain, Gracey!!!! You look amazing, though. I never would have known you hadn't been sleeping well. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you sort of said what I wanted to say. :D
    Hilarious post and I do think dots totally overtake anything in importance. What wrinkles? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dots! So cute!

    It really is a special dress, and you present it nicely. I've always loved dots: they're an underused design for prints.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DOTS! :) Love this dress! It is gorgeous and looks great with your colored tights!!!!

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    www.rachelslookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. “Dots! So cute. And that rounded collar. So retro. Wrinkles? What wrinkles? All I see are those clever lines of gradient dots. And what is that color? Lavender putty? Who knew putty was so pretty.”
    There, do I get points for being the only one to repeat after you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dots and tights are definitely balancing out whatever little wrinkles you've got going on there ;) Love that these polka dots have a pattern (can they be called polka dots at that point?)...and the way they go BIG little BIG little. Very cute!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEE this dress, too! You're doing right by it, girl...you're doing right by it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems like a nice flattering dress ,wrinkles or not!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute look! Love the pop of color with your tights!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).