Thursday, March 15, 2012

Violet, Mustard and Polka Dots


It’s still raining and I’m still wearing bright colors.  Today it’s violet and mustard.  Because those two colors totally go together.  See?:


 
I wore a violet skirt (thrifted) and a mustard cashmere sweater (thrifted).  And, because polka dots go with everything, I added some of those too with my blouse (Old Navy) and my umbrella (Target).  Okay, I actually added the polka dot blouse to tie in my black tights (Spanx) and wedge booties (Nine West “Peekaboo” via Piperlime), but they really do go with everything.

Also, did you all know that it’s finally Thursday?  Well, it is, and that means I’m linking up to the Thursday is for Thrifters Link Party over at Brass in Pocket. 

Happy Thursday, All!  Stay dry!

Gracey



14 comments:

  1. look at you smiling through the rain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously brilliant color combo!!! what fun. and who cares if it's raining, bright colors make it a bright day!!! and the polka dots are the perfect touch here!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuteness! I love the color blocking with the polka dot umbrella.

    Rhe
    rhestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polka dots DO go with everything!! You look like the reinvention of classic chic!
    Warmly,

    Faerl Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. mustard and pink is such a lovely color combo! The polka dot shirt is definitely icing on the cake. Cute outfit! You're an expert when come to colors!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is perfect with your umbrella, and I know people appreciated seeing it in contrast to the rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're umbrella twins! Also, love how the pink and yellow from your outfit are IN the umbrella. Great attention to detail, and way to brighten up a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes it totally works! Love your jumper, and its true polka dots really do work no matter what :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. keep one wearin' bright colors, they look perfect on you! love the pink and yellow!

    Xo,
    steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  10. YESSSSSSSS! Love all those colors and the dots.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those colors totally go together! I love how fun and bright you are on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how everyone was posting their rainy day outfits this week! I really like the bright colors together! Thanks for linking up with Thursdays are for Thrifters!
    -Meagan
    www.brassinpocketblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. look at you with a pink skirt again. Your cute colorful wardrobe is killing me softly :)

    www.stylinggame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this!! The umbrella is the perfect accessory to this bright, fun outfit!

    http://notyourgrandfathersbeautypageant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).