Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hot Pink to Keep Me Warm

It’s still freezing here in Oregon today.  I had to be extra careful riding in and extra bundled up for warmth.  This, of course, meant more layers.  But, unlike yesterday’s layers, today’s layers are not lacking for color:


Nope, today I went with hot pink to keep me warm.  Okay, yes, it’s probably not the color.  It’s probably the fact that this dress (thrifted) is vintage and is appropriately acrylic.  Acrylic, like many unnatural fibers, will often keep you warmer than you want to be.  But, not today; today I needed to be very warm and this dress did the trick. 

Especially layered under a wool-blend striped blazer (Halogen via Nordstrom) and over a silk slip and tights.  I added black boots (Vince Camuto “Fantastic” via Nordstrom), silver and turquoise earrings and a wide, black belt.  Because I am envious of the wide-belt-wearing skills of Chelsea from Bright Side Dweller.

Color or fabrication, this hot pink dress totally kept me warm.

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

Gracey

17 comments:

  1. I've been wanting a striped blazer for a while. This one looks so cute on you, especially with the hot pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your blazer!!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that dress is fierce. I love it! I need to go wherever you thrift because my thrift places are not so great. I like the wide belt too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking chic -- and warm! :) Yay for thrifted synthetics. The hot pink and b&w stripes look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg omg omg. I love this outfit. That blazer! That dress! You sure put a smile on my face with this OOTD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome(clever) post title and beautiful outfit, Gracey. Beautiful pairing. Have a great weekend. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gracey you look stunning! With your skin tone, hot pink is your colour and I am drooling over your striped cardi! Still cold here-boo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hot pink.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so in love with this. You look so good in that pink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gosh you look amazing! What a great color and silhouette this dress gives you! The striped blazer looks awesome with it and I love the entire outfit. Glad the fibre left you toasty warm. I know the feeling of beeing too hot in those materials, but sometimes they really do the trick of keeping you warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this whole thing. I look at a lot of striped blazer and think I couldn't find a way to wear them but you make this look so effortless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the blazer is most excellent with this dress. I've been struggling with a body chill this past week that seems to have nothing to do with the weather. Hope this comment isn't somehow contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looooove this outfit! It was a good one to wear during that cold spell last week - cozy and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I award this dress some finger-horns. You know what I mean. This outfit makes me want to go \m/ YEAHHHHHH.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh I love a wide belt shout out! Would you believe that pre-blog I never wore one EVER?! You're rocking the crap outta that black one in this look. And also hot pink plus b&w stripes is SO FANTASTIC. Finally... I love unnatural fibers when it's damn cold.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy smokes I LOVE this dress. I was like WOW when I saw it. HAPPY HAPPY dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love ,love ,love this stripped blazer.I can imagine over 20 outfits out of this

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).