Friday, March 16, 2012

Call it Coral


Or tangerine.  Or just plain orange.  Whatever you call it, the color of this cardigan makes me happy:



And, as I’m still sick and work has gotten completely insane, I need all the happy I can get.  I also need all the inspiration I can get, which is why I basically copied this outfit from Angie over at Fashion Me Blog.  Because that’s just how I roll.

Based on Angie’s look, I layered a bright cardigan (Target) over a striped, long-sleeve tee (Gap) with skinny jeans (Gap Always Skinny), lace-up booties (Nine West via TJ Maxx) and a multi-colored scarf (Nordstrom).  Over all, I was a very happy copycat in this outfit.

And now for some rambling…

One.  Dear Writers, etc, of The Walking Dead: Really?  You guys are changing the rules now?  It’s not that I mind that you’re changing the rules; I just need you to be consistent about it.  Why Shane and Randall, but not Dale?  Hmmm?  I’m assuming you’re going to tie it all together in the season finale, but it you don’t, please know that I shall be very put out.

Two.  I’m going prom dress shopping for 80s prom this weekend with my friend Alex and I’m super excited!  I’m hoping to score something with a giant butt-bow.

Three.  Have a good weekend, everyone.  And if you’re going out for St. Patrick’s Day, be safe.

Finally, Happy Friday, All!

Gracey

19 comments:

  1. gracey no wonder this color makes you happy. your outfit is darling. i hope you show us your 80's prom find. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this color for spring. I call it "poppy orange". It's so flattering on everyone. It looks especially great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not watching Walking Dead, but I AM an avid reader of Angie's blog and yeah for copy-catting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It's super girly and I need your shoes! I am a Walking Dead fan too! I haven't started season 2 yet, I'm waiting for my husband to catch up!

    Rhe
    rhestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely one of my favorite looks of yours! The colors here are so great. And super cute booties! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and about The Walking Dead... I think because they shot Dale in the head it killed his brain so that's why. At least if I'm understanding your question correctly. Shane and Randall both died but didn't have mortal head wounds until after.

    Wow. I can't believe I even just wrote that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit really suits you and, of course, it's much better if it makes you happy!
    And good luck with shopping and I hope you'll find what you are looking for :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great outfit! That bright cardigan is all kinds of fun.

    I haven't watched The Walking Dead yet, but my husband wants to, so I tried not to read what you wrote about it in case there were spoilers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure but i think i copied the outfit myself out of kashmira's blog. The skinny jeans fit you great and i love the embelishement on the cardi.!Thanks for mentioning,it shows your kind character.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look fantastic, Gracey!
    I love the stripes peeking out of you cardigan - and I'm sure you know by now that you're THE tangerine spokesperson. Now wonder, because it looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look so lovely =)


    http://babyrouge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Embellished cardi! Stripes! Florals! Cute jeans and booties! I just adore the whole thing--crisp and classic and yet totally current. Looks great, chickadee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was thinking the same thing about Dale!!! What gives?

    Yes - I love anything orange-y! It is a very happy go lucky color

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oo I love this! You look fabulous, what a great color combination, I love the pop with the cardigan :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that sweater. The color is awesome. I need to scour the Target.

    www.stylinggame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your hair pulled to the side like that. very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This outfit is too adorable! I want to recreate a similar look! You're so pretty too :-)

    theMANEtopic.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).