Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Burgundy, Olive and Rust

My photographer, and friend, Ferge, asked me this morning if I was depressed because my outfits the last few days have been rather subdued.  I told her that I wasn’t depressed but maybe my wardrobe was; I think my wardrobe is already tired of winter.  Mostly though, I just liked these colors together:



When I bought this scarf (Target) I was a little hesitant because I prefer brightly colored scarves (with giraffes, if I can get them) and I wasn’t sure how much I’d wear it.  I think it’s proven to be fairly versatile though.  I like it with leopard and I like it with this burgundy sweater tunic.  Because it’s frickin’ freezing today (literally; we had snow and ice and sleet), I layered the tunic over an olive-colored long-sleeve tee (Gap), ponte leggings (Vince Camuto via Nordstrom), wool socks and riding boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom).

And I was still cold.  So, if my wardrobe is suffering from a case of SAD, I can’t say I blame it.

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey

12 comments:

  1. I hear you on the sad wardrobe - I've hardly gotten dressed the past few days, just in jeans and t shirts since the weather and mood has been so terrible. I'm hoping once it stops snowing I can break out a few more colors! Or if it could just be spring already...

    -Z
    zplustheworld.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit. It looks put together AND comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depressed wardrobe or not, I think the colours look fantastic on you!
    I love the different sleeve lengths, warm & chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect color for the sweater!!love it!

    www.chicneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracey, I love you in your brights but I also love this more muted hues, earth-tone combination! That shade of purple (tunic) looks great on you and I looooove your boots!!!
    (thanks for responding about the giraffe scarf btw! i'll stopping by Target tomorrow!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracey! I agree with you. My wardrobe is sick and tired of winter too! Its raining again here in Santa Cruz and I couldnt be more depressed about it hahahaha. I cannot wait for warm weather, spring fashion, and above all... I am excited for spring produce! Winter doesn't have very appealing seasonal fruit to me and my recipes have felt very uninspired lately.

    -Nico

    www.SatinAndSalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have had more subdued colours and outfits lately...but I like your styling just as much as ever! You're absolutely right, these colours are beautiful together...there is a certain depth and richness to more conservative outfits that makes for a fun change sometimes. But yeah--I'm definitely suffering winter colours syndrome myself! So I think we're all ready for more wardrobe excitement.

    <3 cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this color on you and your beautiful smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I quite like this mixture of colors! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Regardless of your wardrobe's emotional state, I'm so ready for some spring weather. Man alive, haha. I love the color of your tunic, though. I always avoid that color but you're making me wonder if that is a mistake. (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. It doesn't have to be always brightly colored. You look so pretty with this scarf AND the dress. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw man, I am suuuuper into the color of that tunic. You're rocking the muted shades for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).