Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Two Things I Like and an eShakti Review

If there are two things I like, they are chickens and red dresses.  In a further attempt to shake my melancholy, I’ve incorporated those two things in my outfit today:

Still not a real smile, but I am trying very hard to maintain.

Again, forced, but an unsmiling me makes me cry (more).

Chickens, right?  Abstract chickens, but chickens all the same?

Yes, folks it is a red, chicken print dress.  And it was sent to me by the lovely folks at eShakti.  They contacted me and allowed me to pick at item to receive and review.  Of course I picked this dress (red and chickens, people, red and chickens) and I love it.  It’s sleeveless, which helps it fit nicely under cardigans during the winter.  It has a nipped in waist, which helps me look like I do too.  And it has a nice full skirt, perfect for bike riding and during happier times, twirling.  They even added a few inches to the length of the skirt for me (more on that later).

I winterized my new, red, chicken print dress (c/o eShakti) in the usual manner.  By which I mean that I layered the dress under a cardigan (Beth Bowley via Nordstrom Rack) and over doubled tights (cream and navy via Target).  I added my riding boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom) and a braided belt (thrifted) to help maintain the waist on the dress.

What’s that?  You’ve never heard of eShakti?  Well, then, lemme tell you about ‘em.  One, they are clearly brilliant because they have the presence of mind to offer a red, chicken print dress.  Two, and I believe this is further evidence of their brilliance, they offer clothing in sizes up to 26.  Three, and this is my favorite, they offer to customize their clothing for a mere $7.50 more. 

Are you, like me, a giant with long arms and legs?  eShakti has your back.  You can increase sleeve length, pant length and skirt length, etc.  Not a giant?  They can also decrease the length if that’s your thing.  If you are, unlike me, endowed with a sizeable chestal arena, eShakti can help you out as well.  Uncomfortable going sleeveless?  Put a sleeve on it!  eShakti allows this option for several of their blouses and dresses; and they let you determine the sleeve length.  In truth, they have a ton of custom options for only $7.50.  (Seriously, don’t tell your tailor or accusations of undercutting may begin to fly).

If you haven’t already tried eShakti, you should.  And to make that more of a possibility during these trying economic times, eShakti has provided me with a discount code just for Fashion for Giant readers (and, really, anyone who stumbled across this blog by accident or whatever). 

So, go to eShakti, get a chicken dress of your own, or a coat or whatever tickles your fancy, use this code, FFG0811, and get $20.00 off your purchase.  The code is good until 12/31/2011.  Also, don’t forget to enter my gift card giveaway.

And, have a happy Wednesday.

Gracey

P.S. Thank you all for your kind words.  I'll get over myself.  Eventually. 

20 comments:

  1. I was all good, saving my money and only spending on Christmas presents...now I want another eShakti dress (I have a top) and some fried chicken! Curses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great dress, and I like the sound of the alterations thing! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look wonderful, truly! this may be my fave of your outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracey... your non-smiling face almost made my cry! Okay, maybe everything makes me tear up (like when my BLT came with mayo and I realized it was my fault b/c I forgot to request it w/o and I'm allergic so I had to take it back... waaaaaaah), but anyway. The point is that I'm sorry you're having a hard time, and you're allowed, and I hope the world seems brighter again really soon. You make mine brighter with your vibrant smile and hilarious sense of humor (and radtastic style, yo!), just so ya know ;)

    Also, $20 off? That's insanely amazing! Oh, and those are the cutest chickens I've ever seen. The dress look magnificent on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG CHICKEN DRESS! This is just amazing!

    Sorry you're still so blue, but I have to think the chicken dress can't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A couple things to cheer you, Gracey:

    I'm not really sure how old you are but you're younger than I am. My years on this planet have taught me that lifes ups and downs are temporary. They are here to remind us of the great times by tempering us with the not-so-great times. In other words...this, too, shall pass (but you knew that, right?)

    The second thing is that you are beautiful and vivacious and charming! So the next time you have to dig down deep for one of your dazzling smiles (they really are dazzling, you know??!) just keep in mind that they aren't wasted on us! We appreciate you!

    Thanks for your enthusiasm and dedication. You've helped to inspire me to try my hand at blogging. I plan to start 2012 off with a bang! Many thanks to you!
    (Gracey fan club testimonial, now over!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I'm a giant too and I've never heard of this company. Anyone who sells a chicken dress is doing something right! The print is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the dress--so you! I need to choose my dress from them...I won't copy you, I promise,

    Keep smiling, sweetie. Eventually it will stick for real. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a chicken dress. How bad can it be? No really, I know it can be really bad. But, chicken dress, yay. Anyway, your internet fan club wishes you well and I hope that things will be going more smoothly and smilingly soon. Chicken dress! I think I just found the perfect Christmas present for my sister. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ay, I'm sorry you've been having a hard time of it lately. I've been having bad anxiety issues myself the last week or so, and trying to fake it 'til you make it doesn't always work. But we're all here for you, milady! In spirit and in comments if not in person. I hope you feel better soon.

    eShakti is pretty sweet, and I love that dress on you--I wouldn't mind if they sent me a little something to review, hint hint! In the meantime, though, I'll just admire from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. chickens??? the crazy bird lady in me approves wholeheartedly! you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute chicken dress! The chicken design is quite cute and I'm really not a fan of birds so thats saying something coming from me :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so cute, and I love, love that chicken dress. You have a way with words, my sweet, as well as a flair for fashion : >

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dress is so beautiful, Gracey! It looks absolutely lovely on you. I heart eShakti! =D They make me so happy. I wear the coat they sent me aaaaaall the time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the chicken dress is super adorable. Your outfit is well co-ordinated and I love the colors - blue and coral is perfect. Great outfit!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    come enter the Landmark movie tickets giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh fun! I'm in the process of figuring out what I want from eShakti and I loved seeing your fun choice. I think I'll definitely pick a dress....

    Anyway, love the color on you and the whimsical print. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear you are still feeling so down. I hope you pick yourself up again soon. I love that dress print, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Considering I used to have chickens as pets (but yet still eat chicken...weird?), this dress excites me greatly! And you look great wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chickens! And such a brilliant colour too :) Awesome, love it paired with the bright cardi too.

    Hope you feel better soon. If the dreary weather is getting you down give a daylight lamp a go. Really helps me when winter weighs heavily on me :)

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).