Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Giant Jockey Rides Again

Daily Outfit, 2/8/11







Today was the day to wear classic blazers for Everybody, Everywear.  In planning this outfit, I said to myself, “Self, what’s the most classic blazer I own?”  It turns out it’s this thrifted Ralph Lauren blazer that I don’t wear nearly enough.  This jacket has some fantastic design elements, like the horse head buttons, and the suede-edged pockets.  I paired it with a grey tee (Target), a brown cardigan (Old Navy), Flirt skinnies (Old Navy), a skinny belt (Gap), and of course, my riding boots (Born Crown via Nordstrom).  I say "of course" because this jacket just screams equestrian to me – and I am not one to ignore a jacket’s screams.  I also added this grey cameo stickpin (thrifted) because there are two things that I adore when it comes to jewelry – cameos and stickpins.  Win-win!



And, yes, I’m wearing the burnt orange scarf (Nordstrom).  Again.  What can I say, it’s comfy, it’s cozy, it provides the perfect bit of color and it goes with everything.  I feel like I should change the name of my blog to “Orange Goes With Everything” so at least readers will be forewarned that I’m going to be wearing orange.  A lot.

In case you were wondering, I'm not really a jockey.  I don't even play one on T.V.   The title of this post comes from my friend Kathy who insisted that I looked like a jockey today, especially from the back (I don't have a picture of the back of this outfit, so we'll just have to trust her).  This prompted a discussion about the size of most jockeys and how I have at least a foot on them.  And then someone called me a giant jockey.  And there you have it.

Gracey


11 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for wearing that scarf...the color is wonderful and looks so cozy!
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that blazer! I need to go thrift a classic Ralph Lauren blazer!! Thanks for following and for the blog comment! -Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous stickpin! I'm totally drooling over it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make a great jockey - and a sassy one! I love the neutrals and that jacket is perfection! And thrifted! Great thrifting karma there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that orange would be so versatile, but you've proven otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daisy - thank you for stopping by. I really like the pop of color in your Everbody, Everywear outfit too - that daisy skirt is super-fun.

    Linda - thank you and, yes, this scarf is remarkably cozy.

    Colleen - thanks for stopping by and I *had* to comment on that scarf belt - it's brilliant!!!

    Erin - It is pretty fabulous, isn't it? I will try to get a better shot of it next time - the light grey background is pretty cool.

    Allison - Horses would probably think I am the worse jockey ever, but they don't have an eye for sass like you do.

    Anne - I'm telling you, orange goes with everything! Trust me, this summer you'll really see!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well hello fellow Oregonian! I love it! And that scarf is too cute. As are your riding boots. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jessica - thank you for stopping by! And for the compliments - I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Orange does go with everything! Orange has been my big colour discovery of the last year or so, and now I wonder why I haven't been wearing it much longer.

    Fantastic outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Ana, for confirming my orange obsession. I have had this scarf for years, but only had one other orange item in my closet until recently. Now its the only color I want to wear.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).