Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Touch of Whimsy

Daily Outfit, 1/25/11




The Breakdown:
  • Lace applique blouse - Nine West - Macy's
  • Three-quarter sleeve cardigan - Gap
  • Fine wale corduroy pants - Banana Republic
  • Peep toe pumps - Aerosoles - Piperlime
  • Vintage bug pin - Lil' Gypsy
I need to apologize for these pictures.  I know mine are always sort of haphazard at best, but today they seem even worse that usual.  We presented to the Feds for five hours today.  Five straight hours, no breaks.  It was exhausting.  All together, we were at work for just shy of 12 hours.  Again, exhausting.  So, I apologize for the lint on my pants in the close-up of the pin.  I'm too tired to use a lint roller and re-shoot.  Ater my week of professionalism is over, the shots will hopefully get better.

This was day 2 of my "professional" work week.  I tried to keep it professional, but instead found it boring, so I spiced the look up with fishnet trousers socks (you can't see them, but I know they are there).  And I added a touch of whimsy.  The pin is very small and unobtrusive, but it still makes me happy and is representative of me.  And you can't see this in the picture, but the wings are actually on little springs, so they move - I love that.

When you guys have to dress more professionally, do you include touches of whimsy or sex appeal for yourself?

Gracey

5 comments:

  1. I squealed when I saw the pin! Technically, it's not a bug, but a beetle (bugs are insects belonging to the Order Hemiptera), but I won't hold the mis-identification against you ;)

    I'm a HUGE believer in touches of whimsy (or, in my case, nerdiness) because it adds personality. And I think there's always wiggle room in professional wear for a bit o' flair, sass, and silliness. I think you did a terrific job finding the sweet spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this looks great. The blouse underneath and the pin definitely add whimsy and interest. I try to do the same thing when I dress up, otherwise I don't feel like myself and then I'm not comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is one of my favorite outfits of yours! The blouse is gorgeous, the blazer is classy, and the pin...the pin so adorably neat that I can hardly stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of fishnet trouser socks! I don't think I could wear full-on fishnet tights, but the trouser socks add exactly that - just a touch of sexy. I like this outfit, especially the lace blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Katie, for correcting me about my pin. I am always happy to learn the proper names for things. And I'm glad you like my beetle pin - I just adore it (and it was only $5.00!)

    And thank you to the rest of you too, for your kind comments. I really was worried this was a little boring, but am glad you guys agree that I was able to add some interest.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).